Monday, November 22, 2010

For all the Bowhunters

Used to be an avid bowhunter for some 45 years until I finally stopped hunting a few years ago. Had the use of a great hunting camp about 30 minutes from my house that produced many Deer and a few Black Bear. Here's a picture of the best deer that I took in that area. This guy scored 158 Pope & Young, would have been well over 160 Pope & Young if the main beam on the right side wasn't broken. Hunted him for three years until he finally made a mistake, chasing a doe in the rut. Was my best in 45 years of bowhunting.



The deer below was a Manitoba buck that was estimated to be 12 years old my good buddy Rick Poulin of Canada Goose taxidermy. Rick says he was half blind, half deaf and completely senile, still have a good laugh over that one. Scored 132 Pope & Young.



My only two book deer.
Billy Bones

No comments:

Post a Comment