Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Going for Trout

The new canoe rack that I built for my ATV has worked better than I had ever expected. Have been out a few times since it was finished and has gotten me into some difficult places that I would never have dreamed of trying in the past. It is not as tippy as I thought that it my be and has gotten into some extremely rough areas.  With my confidence in the rack growing with every outing, I'm ready to try anything.

Since I have been using the rack, I have gotten into some fantastic lakes. Including a small lake that I found because I got lost by taking a wrong trail. It doesn't even have a name. Turned out to be a gem, ended up with four nice Specks to 18 inches and a pile of small ones. Next time I will be taking a fly rod in there, haven't done any fly fishing since I was a kid and really looking forward to trying it again.



Exploring the back woods in style....
Billy Bones

No comments:

Post a Comment